The safety and health of our attendees and participants is our number one priority.
We are in close contact with local and state officials and continue to closely monitor and adhere to laws, regulations, and executive orders and learn from best practices as they are implemented across the events industry to provide the best in class and safest experience possible.
The following regulations, policies and protocols will be continually updated and revised in accordance with on-going public health information and official guidance from the CDC, New York State Department of Health, New York City Department of Health and with advice from the Mayor’s Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management.
THE BELOW GUIDELINES AS OF SEPTEMBER 27, 2021 WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO AT ALL EVENTS TO MINIMIZE RISK TO ALL ATTENDEES, CHEFS, STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS. AS NEW INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE, WE WILL UPDATE THIS PAGE ACCORDINGLY.
- REQUIREMENTS: All event attendees and event staff who are age 12 and older are required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to the event. Vaccination must be completed 14 days prior to the Festival event.
- At Festival outdoor events only – persons who are unable to get vaccinated because of a medical reason, will be provided reasonable accommodation and must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72-hours of the event.
- Unvaccinated minors under the age of 12 may accompany a vaccinated adult. Face-coverings are required for unvaccinated minors under the age of 12 and who are over age two and medically able to tolerate a face-covering.
- We encourage all attendees to wear face masks when not eating and drinking.
- All attendees must use the CLEAR Health Pass* to complete the entry requirements by downloading the CLEAR App for free. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival will be denied entry.
- GUEST REGISTRATION: Registration and the arrival experience for guests at festival venues will involve contactless digital ticket scanning, person-to-person material(s) exchange or transfer will be limited. Scanners will be sanitized regularly and only be handled by registration team members. Sanitation of scanning equipment shall be done according to CDC Disinfection Guidelines.
- PPE: Per New York State guidance, PPE (masks/face coverings, face shields, gloves, etc.) are not required, however encouraged at indoor events when not eating and drinking.
- HIGH TOUCH SURFACES: Sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces, contact points and guest areas shall be ongoing during operational hours. Sanitizing materials and products will be EPA and CDC approved for applicable uses.
- HAND SANITIZING: Abundant hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout event venues, for both staff and guests, containing a minimum of 60% alcohol content as recommended by the CDC. Hand washing stations will also be available, including soap, running water and disposable paper towels.
- SIGNAGE: Event signage and messaging regarding health and safety recommendations will be posted in all high-visibility event areas. Examples of signage messaging include:
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face covering.
- Properly store and, when necessary, discard PPE.
- Adhere to physical distancing instructions.
- Report symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19, and how they should do so.
- Follow hand hygiene and cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Follow appropriate respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
- Refrain from touching or handling exhibits or objects that are assessed as high-risk.
- COVID GUIDANCE OVERSIGHT: NYCWFF will have a COVID compliance officer (or officers) on site to ensure compliance with all prescribed guidelines.
*Sufficient proof of COVID-19 vaccination may alternatively be demonstrated by displaying one of the following along with photo identification:
- A photo or hard copy of your CDC vaccination card
- NYC COVID Safe App
- New York State Excelsior App
- Official vaccine record
- A photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm or Sinovac
TERMS & CONDITIONS: All ticket purchasers shall be required to opt into acknowledging adherence to NYCWFF COVID-19 Guidelines before a ticket purchase is complete. Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer language will be included on all credentials, tickets and on signage displayed at all events.
FOR ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT INFO@NYCWFF.ORG.